We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), with a passion for delivering outstanding care, to join us at our specialist inpatient service located in Taunton. This is a full time role, you will be working 38.5 hours per week, at Cygnet Hospital Taunton.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton is a 54 bed CQC rated 'Good' service, for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you…
NHS and employee discount scheme
50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
Free meals on duty
Bespoke career pathways
Company paid Life Assurance scheme
Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Plus many more
- Experience as a RMN
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Experience within a learning disability or mental health setting.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. It is situated in a rural setting amongst Taunton farmland. The service comprises of the following wards;
Sycamore Ward - Acute inpatient mental health service for men
Peacocks Ward - Acute inpatient mental health service for men
Mulberry Ward - Acute admissions / intensive support for older men
Swift Ward - Acute admissions / intensive support for older women
Redwood Ward - High Dependency Complex Care service for men with learning disabilities
The hospital is situated in a rural setting amongst Taunton farmland, within acres of peaceful fields. This quiet and tranquil environment offers great benefit to our service users who are able to walk in the expansive hospital grounds and take in the countryside scenery. Taunton town centre offers contrast to the quieter country life with market places, shopping malls and many other entertainment areas such as restaurants, theatres and cinemas.