Are you an outstanding Specialty Doctor or Associate Specialist looking for your next challenge in psychiatry and a competitive salary?
Our client has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. They have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Their expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
There is an opportunity for a full-time Specialty Doctor to shape services - while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team.
This role is in a 22 bed hospital specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for men. It provides a multi-disciplinary treatment programme designed to assist service users with their return to independent living, with a key focus on community integration. The team can support individuals who are detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who may have forensic histories and complex comorbidities.
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes.
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
- Salary up to £88,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you'll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
- Tier 2 Sponsorship
- CESR programme
The CESR programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level - and you'll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You'll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development - and you'll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.